Thursday, October 24, 2013

This week

Midterm critique was this Tuesday and it was a much better experience than I was anticipating. The suggestions were helpful and inspiring and left me with an intense desire to spend the rest of the week neck-deep in oil paint, blasting the Pogues and drinking whiskey from a jam jar. (All of these things I consider symptoms of a positive emotional state).
Friday is my birthday, and I've been reflecting all week on how different my life is this October than the October of last year, and the year before that, and just how rapidly and dramatically it has been changing for the better. I feel very lucky and blessed to be celebrating my 24th year while pursuing an MFA in Ireland (and have high hopes of spending many more birthdays on this side of the Atlantic).








No comments:

Post a Comment