Tuesday, October 1, 2013

This week so far

So, that 'newly scratchy throat' mentioned in last Saturday's post turned into a full-blown illness. Because of that, I have very little to update, no new photos and my brain is too fried from illness-related insomnia and overtime studio work to form a coherent string of thoughts, but I felt that a post was necessary...just to stay in the habit. My life this week has been a constant repetition of tea, tylenol, paint, carrots (for vitamin C...easier to find than oranges. haha). It's been very...productive, actually, but not exciting material for a blog post. I have a string of new ideas for paintings that actually relate to my MFA, and am managing to find ways of narrowing down my MFA research to a single topic...or three. After several weeks of feeling like I had no direction or motivation other than to figure out how to cope with being back in school, in a new country, away from everyone I know, washing my face in a sink with cold water every morning...this new feeling of solid inspiration, and launching-off-point-finding is very welcome. Hopefully the paintings are paintable. It's always much easier to dream them up than to create them. Working on that stage next. In the meantime, here are a few pictures that I have not yet posted:


This flying ant creature flew into my bathroom through the open window. The next morning I found it watching itself in the mirror, running its legs through its antennae. Like...it was grooming itself?


Creeping people on facebook and then drawing them. Beware!


The road to school. Or away from school, from this perspective.


Dublin. D'lin. the Dubs.


Zaytoons! SO exciting. I dream about this place.

No comments:

Post a Comment