Saturday, January 4, 2014

Made it back to Ireland


So, we ended up flying out of Boston at 9 o'clock. It should be noted that every flight scheduled to fly out of Boston after 8 had already been cancelled, but after a 3 hour delay on the runway, somehow our plane still felt that it was worth the risk to take off. 


So after another bumpy flight across the Atlantic, I landed back in Dublin, which was experiencing its own brand of severe weather. It wasn't a pleasant landing, but we made it, which is the important bit. I bonded with a lot of people on board the plane, which was nice and a good way to ease back into the country. Then I caught the bus to Galway where I spent 7 hours killing time until my bus to Ballyvaughan. It was so great to have so much time in a city that I love with absolutely no agenda. 
I stopped at an adorable, tiny pie place just off of shop street to have lunch (vegetable curry pie with mashed potatoes, mushy peas and gravy), then wandered through the shops, purchased a mug that looks fantastically similar to Vibert pottery, and eventually settled in a cafe to read. It was a great start to the new semester.


Now I'm safely home in Ballyvaughan, enjoying the familiarity, taking walks in the rain, reuniting with my friends one at a time, and having a glorious Sherlock marathon with my house mates before watching the newest two episodes tomorrow afternoon. As much as I still miss everyone back home, it is good to be back.


No comments:

Post a Comment