Saturday, January 18, 2014

Week 2

This week has been marked by the start of a new project, the sampling of several beers from microbreweries around Ireland, spinach salads galore (we got groceries recently), and rain. There's not much else to say, other than that my housemates and I are beginning to suspect that our house is haunted. Tomorrow we have big plans to comb the mostly-washed-away shore for washed-up bottles and other debris (for an art project, of coarse), then walk to Monk's to thaw by the roaring peat fire with a pint of Murphy's and plate of their glorious chips. I can hardly contain my excitement.

Here is a sequence of photos of some curious ponies I ran into on my walk home the other afternoon...






(So cute!)


I've been reflecting a bit on the year so far and how these last two weeks already differ in tone from last semester. Last semester was full of novelty. Everything was different and exciting and every spare moment was spent either working in the studio or exploring.






This semester will be more academically rigorous, but already feels easier because of the comfort and familiarity of being back. I feel somehow safer this time around. Because of this, I feel more free with my art, and also free to embrace the pleasure and leisure that Ballyvaughan has to offer. I want to eat at the restaurants, take advantage of the proximity to Galway (and NUIG's library…it's not all fun and games), walk to Luna Lovegood's house, watch movies and read a book or two just for the fun of it.




 I know what I have to do for school and I have a plan, but I'm no longer panicked about it all. I'm really looking forward to enjoying Ballyvaughan as much as possible as it begins to warm up this Spring. 



Hopefully this plan isn't too horribly naive...

No comments:

Post a Comment