Monday, January 27, 2014

Dublin

The school arranged for a trip to Dublin for us students this past weekend. It was filled with great art, good food, and good company. There is so much I could write about the trip, but I'm much too lazy. Here are some photos instead:


Francis Bacon


Outside of the Willie Doherty exhibition 
(I will never get tired of seeing Willie Doherty's work)


this sign


Gorgeous photographs of Irish poets and musicians


I've taken it upon myself to document my body's presence in this country. There are precious few photographers at my art school to do it for me.


rainy view from the bus


Botanical Gardens


perch





even in Dublin


kelp beer at The Liquor Rooms on the Quays. It was not only surprisingly not-bad, it was absolutely delicious.


definitely coming back to this place.


Liffey


Next we went to the Workman Club



a short one-hour study I made today


A new tube of paint I bought in Dublin, with my nearly-finished painting in the background.



No comments:

Post a Comment