Friday, September 27, 2013

a cozy evening O'Loclainn's


A few of us decided that Thursday nights should involve a little more whiskey and socializing, so we began the tradition this Thursday at O'Loclainn's pub, which is known for its excellent whiskey selection. We found out soon after arriving that it was Arthur Guinness day, so a few Guinnesses (Guinni?) also had to be ordered. The pub was entirely empty when we arrived, but within half an hour it was stuffed with Ballyvaughan residents that I'm just beginning to know and recognize (and vice versa), all of us cozily waiting for the traditional music to begin. 

The music kicked off around 10. One of the singers commented in between songs that I knew all the words to the songs. I was too embarrassed to admit to the entire crowd of people that I listen to the Dubliners the way most people my age listen to...whatever it is people my age listen to. But needless to say, I very much enjoyed hearing all of my favorite songs sung so beautifully across the tiny room. Last night was definitely the place to be in Ballyvaughan. I have no doubt whiskey Thrusdays are here to stay.

No comments:

Post a Comment