Friday, September 13, 2013

some iPhone photos from today

Today I decided to get some exercise and walk to school. The path to school took me through fields of curious cows and stinging nettles, mysterious and dark patches of hazel forest, barren stretches of unmarked limestone, and through a narrow stretch of grass between ripe blackberry bushes and a farmer's electric fence (good balance was crucial during this stretch). 
I stopped to play with two friendly dogs, and hurried past a yard of unfriendly greyhounds that almost reminded me of Scout. As I found my way back to the main road, I looked up and saw a castle in the distance. It occurred to me that that castle is my school and how very lucky I am to be living here. 

Then, 7 hours later I absolutely had to get out of the studio, so I took a walk up the hill and photographed some of the scenery. It was beautiful.






No comments:

Post a Comment